Friday, June 22, 2018
You see so much on the school run. One parent told us: “We've walked since 2011 when my daughter started pre-school. We see the seasons change, we've seen foxes, squirrels, birds and all sorts on our walks!” View Post
Let’s Go greener, healthier and cheaper in the Tees Valley
From 3 April 2018 Local Motion will be known as Let’s Go Tees Valley. We now work with people across the whole of the Tees Valley and our new name makes this clear.
Our reason for getting out of bed in the morning hasn't changed:
- We want people in the Tees Valley to leave their car at home and walk, cycle or use public transport as much as they can, especially for local journeys.
- More of us walking, cycling or taking public transport to get to work
- More of our children walking, cycling, scooting or taking the bus to get to school
- 16-25 year olds using other ways to travel to college, training or that new job
- Helping people know how safe walking, cycling and public transport are
Where we’re going:
Let’s Go Tees Valley engages with people across the boroughs of Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland and Stockton.
We encourage you to walk, cycle, and use any public transport that builds a greener, healthier community.
We want to get people out of cars and into life!
We’d like you to come with us:
We can’t do it without you. You can join us on our journey by:
- Sign up for our newsletter (you can sign up on this page)
- Make small changes to the way you travel in your area
- Take your kids along for the ride on the school run
- Get your work involved in our five-day Commuter Challenge
The small print:
Let’s Go Tees Valley, together with Connect Tees Valley, is funded by the Department of Transport’s Access Fund; supported by Tees Valley Combined Authority. Our programme is delivered by the local authorities for Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, and Stockton-on-Tees.