Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Next time you leave the house, think about leaving the car at home. Is your journey accessible by train, bus, bike or by foot? www.bigsummer.co.uk View Post
Plan your journey
When the weather is wintry you may need to think about your journey, even regular ones, before setting out. Here are our top five tips to get you started.
1. You're never too old for the Green Cross Code, whatever your age its important to choose a safe well lit place to cross, then stop, look and listen.
2. Keep up to date with when your bus or train service is running in the winter months. Check travel websites and apps for latest info.
3. Plan your journey using the Connect Tees Valley Journey Planner? It’s a great tool to plan your journey especially when the weather is unpredictable. You'll find it on the right of this screen.
4. Don't let winter put you off cycling! Check our cycling in snow page for some links to great articles on staying warm, dry and upright.
5. However you choose to travel, make sure you let someone know the route you plan to take in advance in case they need to come to help you.
Check back for more tips!
For more safety tips for the winter follow us on facebook.
Click back to the Travel Safely This Winter Campaign page.