Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Next time you leave the house, think about leaving the car at home. Is your journey accessible by train, bus, bike or by foot? www.bigsummer.co.uk View Post
Prepare for the weather
1. Does the weather affect the way you travel? Check the forecast to make sure you have everything in place for the autumn! BBC Weather Page
2. Is your bike ready for the winter? 8 tips to prepare your bike for winter from Road Cycling UK.
3. It's just as important to see as to be seen when walking in winter, are your sunglasses fit for the demands of the low winter sun? Consider buying polaroid lens sunglasses this winter. Here's an overview of different types and characteristics of driving sunglasses. https://www.selectspecs.com/guides/how-to-choose-safe-sunglasses-for-driving/
4. Do you know how to check your bike is fit to ride. Get savvy with the m-check! https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20131111-The-M-Check---Full-Film-0
5. Did you know that wet weather doubles your stopping distance in a car? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/general-rules-techniques-and-advice-for-all-drivers-and-riders-103-to-158#rule126
6. For tips and advice on travelling in snow whatever mode you use click through to the Let's Go Tees Valley website. http://www.dothelocalmotion.co.uk/winter-commuting-tips-for-cycling-and-walking-in-ice-or-snow/
Check back for more tips!
For more safety tips for the winter follow us on facebook.
Click back to the Travel Safely This Winter Campaign page.