Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Being a smart driver is not just about having the latest gadgets and being skilled at parallel parking. #RoadSafetyWeek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV84viOy3ok View Post
Free guided health walks in Hartlepool
Free, local health walks, explore and meet like-minded people
- Dates: Ongoing
- Time: various
- Cost: FREE
- How to book: Please arrive 10 minutes before the start time. You can contact the team on 01429 28 40 47 email@example.com
- Getting there: Use our journey planner to plan your route to the postcode indicated beside your chosen walk
A programme of free, guided, group walks in and around Hartlepool
71% of people report feeling happier after a walk. If you like the idea of getting out waling but don’t want to do it alone then these Walk about in Hartlepool walks will suit you, visit the Get Active in Hartlepool website. Or you can download the programme timetable here.
These health walks are free and local, helping you to get and stay active while meeting new people. They are led by qualified, friendly volunteer leaders who will make you feel welcome regardless of your ability.
The walks are divided into three levels of ability to suit everyone from a beginner to a more experienced walker:
- 30 minute walks at a moderate pace
- 90 minute walks at a moderate pace (3 miles plus)
- Away day walks (approximately 120 minutes) at a moderate pace
Please note that dogs are not allowed on walks, with the exception of guide dogs. Smoking is also not allowed. In the case of poor weather you can contact the Sport and Physical Activity Team on 01429 28 40 47 to check whether to check whether your walk is going ahead.
What do I need to take part?
The answer is: nothing, apart from comfortable shoes and sensible, weather appropriate clothing.