Tuesday, October 16, 2018
For a chance to win one of two £50 vouchers from Clarks enter our #TeesValleySchoolWalk photo competition! Visit http://bit.ly/2OWOsiw for more information. View Post
Brake Road Safety Week - Speed Down Save Lives
We are proud to support Road Safety Week (20-26th November), the UK’s flagship road safety event, coordinated annually by Brake, the road safety charity.
This year Brake are encouraging everyone to Speed Down Save Lives
How you can get involved:
- Support Brake by signing up to have a one-time message posted via your social media account [external link]
- Register for an electronic support pack [external link]
Key Messages for the Campaign:
- Speed causes deaths and serious injuries on our roads
- Rural roads are not race tracks
- 20mph is the only safe speed in heavily built-up areas used by pedestrians and cyclists
- Going slow = stopping in time
- Speed is scary and noisy. It stops communities being enjoyable places for children and families to walk, talk and play
- Speed cameras work. They save lives.
- Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA) is an important development that is likely to be fitted to all vehicles in the future
Road Safety Week aims to raise awareness about the devastation of road crashes and casualties, and the part we can all play in making our roads and communities safer. It does this by encouraging grassroots involvement and promoting awareness-raising and educational messages. Each year it involves thousands of communities, schools, organisations and professionals across the UK running a wide range of road safety activities.